Tuesday, April 27, 2004

MY HUBBY

Oy, so my husband is an algebraic nut
forever inquisitive
Egocentric yes, conformal no.

At dinnertime he almost always
forgets to put the top back on the china teapot,
Hot or not
And will scoff at my reminders
And matter-of-factly say…
Did not.

Does this bother me, now let me think?

For at that moment
when I could shriek
He gives a smile from cheek to cheek.
And makes my anger flyaway

Oy vey, what can I say?
He’s my sunshine on a rainy day.

He’s my loveable marionette
Though quite fusible with banal threats.

I’m his dainty schoolgirl, so he says.

A lusty tomatoe
In a garden bed.

He makes me blush
From ear to ear
When he whispers…
Your Rugalachs better than all of the rest.

Oy vey, what can I say?

He’s my hubby for fifty years
I fling the flowerpot
He drinks the beer
He is kosher, and I am not

A wholehearted Golem
And as troublesome as can be
But sometimes, just sometimes
We both do agree.


----------------------------------------------
Words used: husband algebraic nut forever
Inquisitive egocentric conformal dinnertime
Top china teapot scoff genteel pick
Flyaway sunshine marionette fusible banal
Kosher flowerpot wholehearted troublesome
Dainty schoolgirl

No comments:

A Recipe for Freedom By M. Castlewood I took a long drag off my Marlboro cigarette, and then a liquefying gulp of my whisky, then another g...