Sunday, March 14, 2004

WHO ARE YOU SAM??


Who are you Sam? The Sam of spam?

With verses of spam at your command.

You can play with the words and toss them about.

You can put them together without any haste
and wait for them all to fall right into place.

Well… I’ll look at MY spam and I’ll tell you a few
of choicy good words to put in your stew.

Your baselines are dubitable, your verse is to vent
with presumptuous assumptions, a prescript to mess.

Those inhuman communals and butchery brawls
are certainly, certainly,
not for us all.

Those butchery, butchery backyard brawls,
to a six-gun solution would summon the law.

With your muslin amice, a corrugate car coat
would be an assist.

Aphroditic apparel I’ll take a few, I’ll look like a goddess
all dressed in my jewels.

Your Scarborough sunset sounds very very nice
as the inverness noon adrifts into night.

Your Ankaran cockcrow just drives me insane
Please, Aphrodite would you take him away.

You think, You think, I want some sugary champagne
with some shandygaff glog on a rainy rain day.

A seasonal zaftig on Angelo’s knee
however so artful would surely displease.

The house in Hermosa sits on top of the sand
and the rabbeted bookshelves are filled with old cans,
and a live in gourmet would tickle me pink
What do you, what do you, possibly think?

A cornbread ballad would commission the pope
with phonetic flirtation our church has no hope,
a perceptible patois this surely would be
it would bring all parishioners, down to their knees.

A two-day indictment with dictatorial tact is a
quick inquisition, something you lack.

You think, you think, I want to hear artful clatter run fast
your assumptions are wrong, just detestable sap.

The omniscient Picasso has soiled David with scars
the history of art has now been marred.

I think YOU want an inhuman communal/a six-gun solution/
a butchery backyard brawl, and your invite to tango will
surely enthrall and possibly, possibly, injure us all.

You think, you think and therefore you spam.

I’ve responded at best, with adversary spam
A teaspoon of this and a teaspoon of that
I’ve put it together with dictorial splash.


---------------------------------------------------------------
Words used: baselines dubitable assumptions prescript
inhuman communal backyard six-gun artful rabbet scarborough
angelo hermosa muslin corrugate adrift however cornbread
champagne commission indict dictatorial ankaran cockcrow
assumptions picasso adversary teaspoon dictatorial



No comments:

A Recipe for Freedom By M. Castlewood I took a long drag off my Marlboro cigarette, and then a liquefying gulp of my whisky, then another g...