Saturday, January 10, 2004

First Poem: Inspired by Jan 9th spam mail

From: Catherine Hyatt
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 4:30 PM
Subject: This is the best I can do without being here all night.


Even the deafest overhear decadent abuses.
Ballistic whispers
Hypodermic kisses
Forcible glamour
explode in a silken mumble.


Blackout.
Steeled vanity,
treating itself to every moment belonging to the commonly gracious.
Remaining obsoletes steal advantages from shutout heroines.
A brawl, culminating in a saucy freeze clamps down on glaucoma veins.

Dirty notebooks
Tired networks
Hollow acoustics
Whaling.
Omnibus bills.
Welfare Followings.

Go ahead. Update me.

A Recipe for Freedom By M. Castlewood I took a long drag off my Marlboro cigarette, and then a liquefying gulp of my whisky, then another g...