Saturday, February 17, 2007

A Farcical Yarn
By M. Castlewood

While munching on a slice of Wonder Bread, and browsing the web, Margo my wife came across Webmaster Johnny Alba, host of the infamous York Vogue Website. Mori, my dear, she says to me, Webmaster Johnny has the audacity to publish this unfavorable article with snapshots about someone dear to us. Come look at this. Rumors indeed, she mumbles.

Now Mori, my doll, Margo’s all excited as she tells me to listen to these juicy tidbits from the article. Can you believe what my eyes saw, our very own Rabbi Eitan Yardeni on the front page of November’s issue of York Vogue. The headline reads, Wedding of the Century. “There he stood beneath the chuppah, Torah in hand”, and can you believe… wearing his brother Josef’s blue plaid suit, not the traditional black. A rose in his buttonhole, and on top of his Jewish head, he’s sporting a black fedora, embellished with feathers, and all.

Now Mori my love, this gets better. This affair turns into a circus theatre with Amanda Peet, posing as a centerfold, you know, the sexy sports model. Why she has her hands all over Rabbi Yardeni, and her boobies are hanging out of her gown, to top that! Look at this Mori…on the following page there are layouts, and stuff, nude photos of Amada next to an abstract painting of the Wedding Party. Rabbi Yardeni’s eyes are glued to Amanda’s boobs. My God! I wonder what the family members, friends and guests that attended the wedding think of this exploitation? These photos are pasted all over the website. Oh no! Mori, they are calling the Rabbi, and Amanda Peet the “Freak Partners” of the year.

Now Mori, my dear, what is this world coming to? The decent citizens of the synagogue will be appalled by this kinda media coverage on the net.

Mori sat smiling ear to ear, shaking his head, and thinking, what a lucky man the Rabbi was.

No comments:

A Recipe for Freedom By M. Castlewood I took a long drag off my Marlboro cigarette, and then a liquefying gulp of my whisky, then another g...